As workers busily wheel away on their office chairs, this takes an inevitable toll on the floor, whether carpet or hard floor. Chair mats are flat pieces of material that you place underneath your chair which protect the floor from wear and tear as the chair moves about. In addition, office chair mats can facilitate movement and prevent the build-up of electrostatic charges. At Paperstone we've got chair mats of all shapes and sizes, of different materials, for carpets, hard floors, or either.
Why use a chair or floor protection mat?
- Office chair mats and floor protection mats protect carpets from being worn out and hard floors from being scratched. Your floor remains as good as new.
- Chair mats are ergonomic – they make movement on the chair easier while releiving leg fatigue.
- In addition to the above, anti-static mats protect the chair and user from the build-up of electrostatic charges which can come from electrical appliances and components, or simply moving about.
- Chair mats can be stylish – bringing colour and design to your office.
What types of chair mat are available?
Shape of chair mat – whatever floats your boat
- With lip
Hard floor or carpet
- Carpet mats have a course underside for grippage.
- Hard floor mats are smooth backed which stops them from slipping.
PVC or Polycarbonate
- PVC chair mats offer maximum transparency and are guaranteed not to crack, chip, break or shatter under normal use.
- Polycarbonate chair mats offer a durable and environmentally friendly alternative. They are odourless and free from toxic chemicals.
- Both are very easy to clean – soap and water.
We offer chair and floor mats from 5 Star, Cleartex, Colortex and Computex.