Office fans - a glossary
- Desk fan. A fan that is small in size and portable so it can be easily moved around and placed on top of a desk without taking up too much space.
- Pedestal fan. an electric, oscillating fan supported by an adjustable, detachable stand.
- Tower fan. A tall and narrow fan which oscillate from left to right to maximize the cooling and circulating effects which they are designed for.
- Speed. Literally, the speed at which the fan rotates. Fans with more than one speed give you more maximum temperature control.
- Timer. A timer allows you to preset how long the fan is on for, thus preserving energy use.