Fan Heaters - A Guide
Are you feeling the chill with the British weather? Boost the temperature in your office or home with a portable fan heater which will quickly warm up a small or medium sized space.
All fan heaters work by passing air over a heating element, but some have extra features. For example, oscillating fan heaters disperse heat more evenly around the room, and some heaters have a cold air feature and can be used as a fan in the warm weather.
Features and benetits of fan heaters
- Fan heaters can be cheaper than turning on the central heating and warming up the entire house or office. Instead you can just heat up a small space. A good fan heater will work very quickly to heat up the room.
- Fan heaters are light and easy to move from room to room.
- When used according to the manufacturer’s instructions they are reliable and safe. Some models have a cut out feature for extra safety. Remember you must never cover them up, or place anything on them, while they are in use. Some models have a tilt protection feature, so that if they are knocked over they will automatically turn off. This is a great safety feature if you have a dog in the house.
- Most heaters have different power settings- usually two or three. A small room can be warmed quickly with a 1.8kW or 2kW heater.
- Fan heaters are relatively inexpensive to buy. Here at Paperstone, prices start at just £17.99