Brother laser printers - a guide
Whether you’re looking for a small and compact all-in-one printer to use at home, or a more robust workplace printer for the speedy production of documents, you’ll find a Brother laser printer to meet your needs.
Here are a few points to keep in mind when choosing your Brother laser printer:
- Colour adds impact to your documents and is useful for sales presentations, educational projects and when you’re trying to impress. However, monochrome printers will save you money on printing costs. The most affordable Brother laser printer for monochrome printing is the HL-1110 which is pretty fast, producing 20 ppm (pages per minute) without sacrificing print quality
- Like all laser printers, Brother laser printers can produce higher quality text documents than you’d get with an inkjet printer
- Do you want a multi-functional machine? Some Brother laser printers are all-in-one models, so that you can print, copy and scan (and sometimes send or receive faxes) without buying separate gadgets which take up more space. These are ideal for home offices and small businesses. The DCP-1510 is a fast, durable and affordable monochrome 3-in-1 Brother laser printer and there are many other all-in-one options, both monochrome and colour.
- Higher spec “Workgroup” printers are extremely robust and deliver high-quality output for high-volume workloads, at the fastest possible speeds
- Take into account your paper-handling requirements (will you need A3 as well as A4, and will you want to print envelopes?)
- You may want additional functions like scanning to USB sticks and network locations, and perhaps the option to print and scan using Cloud-based apps.
- Consider your connectivity requirements.
- Compare running costs (the price of replacement toner, the yield of the toner (the number of pages it will print) and other consumables like fuser or drum units. Some printers only have one consumable, which is the toner)
You need to check product specifications carefully to ensure you get the functions and specifications you require of your Brother laser printer.
To see a video of a compact laser printer which is ideal for the home (model HL-L2300D) and on discount here at Paperstone, see this YouTube video.