Footrests are specially designed platforms – often adjustable – on which which to rest your feet while sitting. Footrests are used especially by shorter people whose feet may not reach the ground while sat on a chair or simply for comfort. Increasingly, however, footrests have been designed with ergonomics for people of all shapes and sizes in mind.
The science of ergonomics deals with the interaction between human bodies and work environments. It is now commonly recognised that people and physical working environments function is various relationships with one another and that these relationships can be improved through design and the addition of new devices and technology. The footrest is one such intervention. A footrest, though on the surface concerned with lower regions of the body, can be employed gainfully to improve the posture of the entire body, to encourage neutral postures and work practices that, say, reduce your exposure to risks of musculoskeletal disorders.
In short, a footrest under the desk can improve your posture from your head to your toes and reduce back pain and the risk of occupational health disorders. As well as providing comfort, a footrest may well prevent more serious occupational problems occurring in the future.
What's the difference between one footrest and another?
Although all footrests serve as a platform for supporting feet, there are slight differences in design and exact function between the footrests that we offer here at Paperstone. Features might include one or several of the following:
- Rocking action. Free rocking ensures constant blood flow through the legs to the upper body.
- Foot massage. Knobbly surface massages feet as they move about because different pressures are applied to parts of the foot at different times.
- Adjustable height. For different users and uses.
- Adjustable tilt. Ditto.
- Adjustable features controlled by feet so no bending down.
Not all footrests have all of these features so have a look around to see which one suits you best. We offer footrests from Fellowes, Compucessory, 5 Star, Wedo and Kensington to suit all budgets.
- Click on one of the footrests above to get a bit more info.
- If it is the footrest for you, click the green-yellow “Add to Basket” button. (If you want to buy more than one, enter the quantity in the box provided before clicking the “Add to Basket” button). This has now been added to your “basket”.
- If you are buying more products, continue to browse, repeating the above process.
- When you've finished shopping, click the silver “Checkout” button in the “Basket Total” box, toppish-left of every page.
- Then simply follow the instructions on the page. If you have shopped with us before, you can log in to save yourself some time filling in information. But if you haven't, click “New Customer”. You'll be asked for your email and a password. This is so it is easier if you shop with us again. Then you'll get asked for a delivery address, card details, and so on.
But if you are stuck, need a bit more info or advice, would rather order over the phone, or simply need some human reassurance, give us a call on 0345 567 4000. We will be happy to hear from you and will offer all the assistance we can.