Paperstone cutting mats are designed for home, studio or office. Our cutting mats have three layers - one hard layer between two softer layers - and are made from a self-healing material that re-closes after each cut. All of our cutting mats have a metric millimetre grid on one of the sides to aid measurement whilst cutting.
Three good reasons to use a cutting mat
- To protect the surface below the cut and prevent any damage to it
- To hold the item that is being cut in place
- To prevent damage to the cutting blade
What sizes of cutting mat are available?
- Anti-slip. The cutting mat surface needs a texture which doesn’t slip along the work surface. The materials being cut should also not slip. If the surfaces of a cutting mat are too smooth, there will be a tendency for it to slip. Cutting mats are made of a rubbery PVC-based material that “sticks” to the table top.
- Grid. Our cutting mats have a metric millimetre grid on one side to assist with alignment. The grid, however, is for guidance and not measurement since the grid is subject to distortion over time.
- Layers. Self-healing cutting mats usually have three layers: one hard layer between two softer ones. The soft surface allows the cutting blade to pierce it and does not dull the blade. The harder inner core prevents mat cut-through and helps keep the shape of the mat.
- Self-healing. Self-healing means that cuts made in the cutting mat surface reclose afterwards so that the surface remains even.