A guide to Envelope sizes
The first form of communication between companies often comes in the form of a letter, and therefore the envelope you use is vital in portraying your company’s image, along with its stationery.
The most common sizes are:
- C4 (equivalent to A4 paper size)
- C5 (equivalent to A5 paper size)
- C6 (equivalent to A6 paper size)
- DL (fits a compliment slip)
See the Royal Mail website for latest postal prices corresponding to different letter sizes.
What's the difference between a pocket, wallet and banker envelope?
Wallet and banker envelopes both open along the longer side, with the banker opening with a large ‘V’ shaped flap and the wallet with a shorter, squarer flap.
Pocket envelopes open along the shorter side, with a short flap.
There are three main envelope seals:
- Gummed. Adhesive flap is moistened and stuck to back of envelope.
- Twin gummed / press seal. Two adhesive flaps are pressed together. Sometimes press seal envelopes are reusable and can be opened and closed repeatedly.
- Peel and seal. Protective paper covers an adhesive strip on the flap. This is peeled away to stick the flap on the back of the envelope.
Do you also need?Give us a call on 0345 567 4000