Envelopes at Paperstone
The first form of communication between companies often comes in the form of a letter, and therefore the envelope you use is vital in portraying your company’s image, along with its stationery.
The most common sizes are:
- C4 (equivalent to A4 paper size)
- C5 (equivalent to A5 paper size)
- C6 (equivalent to A6 paper size)
- DL (fits a compliment slip)
See the Royal Mail website for latest postal prices corresponding to different letter sizes.
What's the difference between a pocket, wallet and banker envelope?
Wallet and banker envelopes both open along the longer side, with the banker opening with a large ‘V’ shaped flap and the wallet with a shorter, squarer flap.
Pocket envelopes open along the shorter side, with a short flap.
There are three main envelope seals:
- Gummed. Adhesive flap is moistened and stuck to back of envelope.
- Twin gummed / press seal. Two adhesive flaps are pressed together. Sometimes press seal envelopes are reusable and can be opened and closed repeatedly.
- Peel and seal. Protective paper covers an adhesive strip on the flap. This is peeled away to stick the flap on the back of the envelope.