Would you like to boost your productivity in the office?
Here are six low-tech tips for staying on task:
- De-clutter your workspace. A nice clear desk helps you think more clearly. So look for storage solutions to help you get organised.
- Avoid the deadly sin of procrastination – get the tasks you dread out of the way first thing in the morning and that will reduce your stress level for the rest of the day. Make it a rule to deal with small tasks straight away (particularly those that will only take five minutes or less to complete)
- Turn off your email notifications and read them at set intervals. If you have a tight deadline to finish a big project set up an automatic reply to emails for the morning or afternoon
- Take regular screen breaks and stretch your legs every so often. A short break helps reduce eyestrain and muscle tension and gives you a new perspective on any tricky tasks
- Enrich your environment with plants! Research shows that plants reduce headaches and fatigue, and increase creative performance by up to 30 per cent.
- Have some professional memorabilia on display, such as certificates you’ve gained and awards you’ve won. These will give you a psychological boost and make you feel motivated, successful and appreciated.