Did you make New Year resolutions only to break them after the first week or two?
Don’t despair – try making a vision board instead!
A vision board is a visual tool to represent your dreams, your career and business goals, and the life you’d love to live. It helps you to focus your subconscious mind on achieving your aims and ambitions.
Here’s how to make a vision board to inspire you throughout 2015:
- Start with a cork notice board, a piece of foam board, or a display board (we have a good choice of boards here on our website).
- Spend some time thinking about the goals you most want to achieve during 2015, and then start looking for images that will represent those goals. Trawl the Internet, look in magazines and newspapers, or shops that sell postcards, take photographs! Get creative and find an image for every important goal.
- Think of some key words to sum up your hopes and ambitions, along with inspirational quotes and affirmations to build up your confidence. Choose words that inspire you and make you feel good.
- Create an artistic collage or a display on your board using the words and images. You’ll need glue or staples to attach your chosen images, and coloured pens if you want to add drawings or handwritten affirmations. Avoid making the board too cluttered though- it should make you feel calm, focused and positive when you look at it.
- Add a photograph of yourself if you wish. Make sure it’s a picture taken when you were happy. If you’re trying to lose weight, use a pic of yourself when you were slim. Surround this picture of yourself with all the good things you’d like to materialise in your life.
- Place your completed board in a prominent position, where you will see it every day. Commit yourself to spending at least five minutes a day meditating on the board. (If you want to keep your goals and ambitions private, place the board in your bedroom and look at it every night before you go to bed, or in the morning when you wake up)
- Read your inspirational quotes and affirmations out loud. Your brain will process the information better that way. Speak out loud, with conviction. Think of yourself in the future, and imagine your goals have become a reality.
- Finally, and most importantly, TAKE ACTION! Do something every week to make your goals happen. Daydreaming isn’t enough. Believe the best for your future and make your dreams come true. If you take realistic steps towards your goals every week, you’ll be amazed what you can achieve in 2015!