What annoys you about the people you work with? Maybe they smell, or say stupid things all day, or have weird quirky habits you find hard to ignore?
A national UK newspaper recently did a survey of their readers, and found there were a whole range of irritating habits displayed by British office workers. Here’s a selection of some of these office-based annoyances inflicted by colleagues:
- Saying “good afternoon” when you’re five minutes late
- Having awkward tea round requirements, like milk first, half-hot, half-cold, three quarters of a spoon of sugar and don’t stir it up
- Asking you to mend the photocopier just because you sit next to it
- Emailing the whole company about a missing coffee mug
- Bringing in cake every day so that everyone fails on their diets (or conversely, eating all the cake!)
- Saying the word ‘ping’ instead of ‘send’
- Being rude to the cleaners
- Hiding in the toilets to avoid doing any work
- And not surprisingly, microwaving or eating smelly lunches!