Types of bulb
- Halogen. A bulb which uses a halogen gas known for high efficiency, quality of light and high rated life.
- LED. An environmentally friendly light bulb which uses very little energy, lasts a very long time and isinstantly light when switched on unlike regular bulbs.
- Energy saving. These light bulbs use less energy than a traditional light bulb but give out the same amount of light.
- Bayonet. Also known as “push and twist”, these are the most regular light bulbs, usually 22mm in diameter and with two locating lugs.
- Pin. bulb usually with two prongs which pushes straight into fitting.
- Screw. As the name suggests, bulb which screws into the fitting.
- Tube. Also known as strip, tube bulbs fit into light at either end.