Choosing a reception desk
The reception area of your business needs impact. First impressions count, so choose a smart and eye-catching reception desk. It should help to make a statement about your brand, and be functional too. Ideally, your reception desk and chairs should blend together seamlessly, so choose furniture in complementary designs, whether contemporary or traditional.
- Decide on whether you prefer a high gloss or high definition wood finish.
- For extra visual impact, select a desk with contrasting panels.
- Keep in mind the dimensions of your reception area, and choose an appropriately-sized desk, so that your receptionist and visitors can both sit comfortably.
- Consider too how much working space your receptionist needs when deciding on the width of the desk.
- Many reception desks also have optional hoods which look professional and increase the receptionist’s privacy.
- When you’ve chosen your desk and chairs, make your reception area look inviting and welcoming with carefully chosen artwork, plants, and office accessories.