Bestselling Adhesives & Glues
Adhesives & Glues
Paperstone supplies a full range of glues and adhesives with which to stick things together – from the ubiquitous Pritt Stick to bond thin materials, usually paper, to Superglue for attaching furniture to the ceiling and Blu-Tack, the famous blue putty for sticking posters on walls and the like.
Glue is a liquid or semi-liquid compound that adheres things together. Compounds with adhesive properties occur in nature, such as resins from trees and egg white (used to stick gold leaf to parchments in medieval Europe). Natural glues can also be made from the prolonged boiling of animal connective tissue. It was believed that Sumerians were the first to take advantage of natural gums, but it was later discovered that Neanderthals made adhesives from birch bark as long as 80,000 years ago. Synthetic glues are usually polymers and comprise a very wide range of materials, from pressure-sensitive adhesives like Blu-Tack and that found on Post-It Notes (which bond with the application of pressure), to instant adhesives like Superglue which form a strong bond within seconds of application and contact.
Types of glues and adhesives at Paperstone
- Glue sticks. A solid adhesive stick and a popular office supply glue because it's so handy and not at all messy.
- Blu-Tack and White Tack. Adhesive putty usually used to fix documents and posters to walls and notice boards.
- Glue Dots, Pritt Glue Dots. Individually formed, no drying time, mess free.
- All Purpose Glue. For sticking together a wide range of materials, even wood, metal and glass.
- Pritt Roller. User-friendly, refillable roller systems for sticking photos, envelopes, paper and card.
- Spray Mount, Spray Glues. Aerosol glues for mounting photos, maps, etc.
- Super Glue | Loctite Super Glue, UHU Super Glue. From Loctite and UHU. Instant, very strong bonding.
Shopping for glues and adhesives on behalf of your office? Stick with Paperstone and get a FREE gift when you spend over £50!