National Stationery Week (April 27- May 3) will celebrate the written word and all the wonderful products which make it possible – and enjoyable – to write: lovely pens and pencils, beautiful writing paper, cards, and much more.
There’s no such thing as too much nice stationery!
National Stationery Week also sees the launch of #WorldStationeryDay on 29 April, which takes the message about the importance of handwriting global!
The Week is organised by the London Stationery Show, the country’s leading trade exhibition for stationery and writing products.
The show aims to get people talking about their favourite stationery products, and also to encourage many more people to write by hand.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Write a card or note to a relative or friend, and give them a lovely surprise.
- Go on a stationery crawl – it’s healthier than a pub crawl!
- Treat yourself to a new item of stationery during National Stationery Week. New stationery is a lovely way to pamper yourself!
- Tell children why writing by hand is important and encourage them to write letters and cards to family and friends.
- Use Twitter and Facebook to tell everyone about your favourite stationery product or pen, favourite stationery brands and your favourite stationery retailer.
- Upload a picture to Twitter using these hashtags:
#NatStatWeek #GetBritainWriting #GetKidsWriting #writingmatters #lovestationery
or #stationeryaddict and upload onto Facebook
The picture simply needs to be something #NatStatWeek related which reminds you of the written word, stationery, pens and pencils.
There are some great stationery prizes up for grabs!
- If you are a teacher emphasise the importance of good handwriting and have some fun with handwriting-themed activities in class during the week.
Share your plans on the National Stationery Week Facebook page.